perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Panic when DBI dies (was: persistent problem ;-))
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:13:51 GMT

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:18:16AM -0500, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> > panic: POPSTACK
> > Callback called exit.
>
> This is very familiar to me, although I don't know for sure if this is
> connected with your situation.  I had this problem regularly connected
with
> sessions.

It's a problem related to DBI, or better to the dynamic loading of modules
with XS code (i.e. DBD drivers).

As Jim correctly pointed out, the panic occurs when the DBD driver throws an
expection (i.e. dies), for example because you have given a wrong database
name or have not the permissions to access the database.

In most cases where I have seen this problem, it had been could solved by
running under mod_perl) or to put a series of "use" for all modules you need
that include some XS code, at the top of embpcgi.pl, e.g.

use DBI ;
use DBD::mysql ;
use Apache::Session ;

I too think it's a bug in Perl, but we have to work around...

Gerald