perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Martin A. Langhoff" <mlan...@scim.com.ar>
Subject Variable declaration / scope
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:47:10 GMT
hi list,

    I've been developing with Embperl for a few months now, and I've
already RTFM a few times, but still some issues remain obscure to me. So
here it is: Why can't I declare a lexical variable inside a [- -] block?
[- my $foo -] will make Embperl cry loud if $foo was not declared as a
global.

    And if I change $foo with %foo in the previous example, it seems
that declaring [- my $foo -]  when it already is a global wipes %foo's
contents clean when the [- -] block is over.

    I can, of course, declare [! my $foo !] and get it to work, but
that's another issue...

martin
    - Martin Langhoff @ S C I M  Multimedia Technology -
      - http://www.scim.net      | God is real until  -