perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: EmbPerlObject setup for a virtual host
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:27:40 GMT
> I'm a bit confused about using .html versus .epl extensions with
> EmbPerl. Could somebody explain how and when you use which filetype for
> what reason?

You could use whatever fileextention you like. Embperl doesn't care.

> The server knows that .epl is an EmbPerl file and that works fine.

You could tell the server the fileextention(s) which should be used by
Embperl

> With the above .htaccess file am I declaring .html files below the
> .htaccess file to be processed by EmbPerl?

Yes, .html file are processed by EmbperlObject and, if you have declared it
elsewhere, .epl file are processed by normal Embperl. Maybe you should
change .html to .epl?

> In which case, I should make sure not to use plain html files, or they
> would be processed uneccessarily by EmbPerl.

yes

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151