perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject RE: Variable declaration / scope
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2000 18:10:27 GMT
hi,

>     I've been developing with Embperl for a few months now, and I've
> already RTFM a few times, but still some issues remain obscure to me. So
> here it is: Why can't I declare a lexical variable inside a [- -] block?
> [- my $foo -] will make Embperl cry loud if $foo was not declared as a
> global.
>
>     And if I change $foo with %foo in the previous example, it seems
> that declaring [- my $foo -]  when it already is a global wipes %foo's
> contents clean when the [- -] block is over.
>
>     I can, of course, declare [! my $foo !] and get it to work, but
> that's another issue...

Normaly there shouldn't be a problem with declaring lexical inside a Embperl
block. You only have to take care about closures:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/perl.html#my_Scoped_Variable_in_Nested_S

If this is not your problem, can you send a short example that shows your
problem

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151