perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject [Fwd: mod_perl v2 documentation bugs: location of PerlOptions +Parent, PerlSwitches]
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:02:17 GMT
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html

1) I'm not sure what do to with the PerlOptions report, since it seems
to not really fit into DIR or SRV

2) I'm also not really sure what's up with PerlSwitches, though i'm
going to do some experimentation with it now.

3) PostConfigRequire is listed as SRC, which doesn't seem to have a
definition elsewhere in the document, it should that be SRV right?

Adam

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: mod_perl v2 documentation bugs: location of PerlOptions
+Parent, PerlSwitches
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:45:59 +0900
From: Rohan Carly <se456@rohan.id.au>
To: <modperl@perl.apache.org>

I use mod_perl 2.0.3, Apache/2.2.4, Perl 5.8.8 on Linux. I encountered some
problems that would have been easier to solve with more documentation.

1. mod_perl Directives Argument Types and Allowed Location

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#mod_perl_Directives_Argument_Types_and_Allowed_Location

PerlOptions is listed as "DIR"...

>PerlOptions                  ITERATE    DIR

...but when I add
 PerlOptions +Parent

to my apache.conf, I get the error message:
   Invalid per-directory PerlOption: Parent

2. PerlSwitches

Doc here:
 http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_PerlSwitches_

I also noticed that
 PerlSwitches -I/myliblocation
within a <virtualhost></virtualhost> did not throw an error message, but
seemed to be silently ignored.
When I put it outside of the virtualhost section, it worked as expected.

--
Rohan Carly