perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: docs build and netpbm
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 01:30:00 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Before I start on this, you mean i should update the build process to
>> not bother converting the png's to gif, and the templates to use the
>> png's instead of the gifs, thus getting rid of the dependency on
>> netpbm.  right?
>
> Sounds like a plan to me.

So upon further investigation of this, the build process itself doesn't
seem to actually be doing any image generation.  The gif/jpg/png's are
actually all checked into the repository.  So knowing that i'm thinking
i'll just update the dependancies page to remove mention of netpbm, and
update the maintainers file to say that you don't need to convert the
png's to gif, but if you want to this is how you'd do it.

thoughts?

Adam