perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Authentication additions
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:53:32 GMT
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Frank Wiles wrote:

>  Hey Everyone,
>
>  Philip mentioned on the list that we should include some info about
>  how to use your own forms with auth handlers.
>
>  Any comments on where this info should live?
>
>  http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html#PerlAuthenHandler
>  seems like the most logical place, but I'm worried that it won't be
>  found there.
>
>  http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html makes sense
>  to me also, unless this section really is just for Cookie related
>  items.

If this is mp2 specific, then maybe add a chapter after cooking recipes on
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/index.html?  Perhaps 'Authentication
How To' or something similar, with a reference to the chapter in Geoff's
book on this subject (although that's mp1).

If I were looking for this information on the site and didn't know where
it was, I would be tempted to look in 'General Documentation' or
'Tutorials' off the main documentation page.