perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Quick Documentation Fix
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:17:41 GMT

I responded to this using the wrong address yesterday - didn't get
posted.

On Apr 6, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Miles Crawford wrote:

> On:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/
> RequestRec.html#C_headers_out_
> and
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/
> RequestRec.html#C_err_headers_out_
>
> it is suggested that the proper syntax for adding a header is:
>
> $r->headers_out->add('Set-Cookie' => $cookie);
>
> This howerver does not work.  The example at:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/
> compat.html#C__r_E_gt_err_header_out_
>
> has it right, with:
>
> $r->headers_out->{'Pragma'} = "no-cache";
>
> I suggest it be updated in the full API section.

I think the headers_out is a bug, and i think it might have been
fixed in a recent version

But... In just about every version of MP2, this works:

	$r->err_headers_out->add('Set-Cookie' => $cookie);

i could be wrong here , but i don't think you can set multiple
headers ( of the same kind ) using the direct method you described,
and I seem to remember that you can set multiple ones with add() as
shown above

--

addition - looking at my own emails, i think the headers_out issues
were a bug around 1.9x -> 2.05 (or whatever was around before the API