perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject perl.apache.org wasn't being updated
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:28:54 GMT
/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs> svn up
svn: Working copy 'src/projects' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

I run:

   svn cleanup

and got the updates working. However we need to report this problem to the
list when the cron runs. Since we don't want to get irrelevant emails we
now run:

   system("svn update >/dev/null 2>&1");

so we will never see any svn-related problems, which is not good. I
suggest to check the return value of system(), I've tried to reproduce the
lock, so I can ensure that it work, but it won't let me:

   % svn lock bin
svn: Lock request failed: 403 Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)

Ideas?

Running this at home I get a different error:

% svn lock bin
svn: '/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/bin' is not a file in filesystem
'/x1/svn/asf/db'