perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r290549 - /perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/docs/1.0/guide/performance.pod
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:50:02 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> So these two were the cause of the problem? I wonder why we haven't
>> received those "bugs" in first place? It used to work just fine.
>
> Sadly no, these were just warnings I was able to see while building it
> without -v
>
> I've tried 3-4 versions back taking the file
> (src/docs/2.0/porting/porting.pod) not the above changed one
> (src/docs/1.0/guide/performance.pod) to ~April 4th.  And it still
> doesn't work.

I've also updated lib/DocSet as you've sent to me and before that html2ps,
so that might be the cause as well. i.e try installing an older DocSet
module and nuke lib/DocSet so it won't use the local modules.

> I'll have a little more time tonight, but I'm starting to run out of ideas.
>
> Also, the html2ps which spawns gs (ghost script)
>
> Does html2ps have any documentation?

Only for user purposes (like config files)
http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html

>     i.e.e Among other questions, is the file position in the error
> message a byte position or character count ?

I've no idea. html2ps is a very old perl4 app. Unfortunately I could find
anything better.