perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill McGonigle" <b...@bfccomputing.com>
Subject Re: patch: app-server.pod (add Interchange)
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:23:19 GMT
> Where exactly mod_perl kicks in here? I've
> searched the site and there is not a single mentioning of mod_perl. And
> the very first hit of maillist search gave me this:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-January/003879.html

Hmm, that's a bit of an old link.  This one is probably most instructive:
  http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/interchange/dist/src/mod_perl2/README?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I originally wrote up the patch based on a friend telling me he was
running it under mod_perl (I'm not actually a user myself).  This page
seems to indicate that only a part of the server is running under
mod_perl2, a conduit to marshal requests to an Interchange process
listening on a socket (which is apparently how many people run it).

So I'm not sure if that qualifies for inclusion in the page.  The whole
thing isn't based on mod_perl, like e.g. Mason.  Your call.

-Bill