perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Hale <andy.hale....@metnet.navy.mil>
Subject PerlAuthenHandler - Allowing necessary URLs to pass thru or be excluded
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:15:56 GMT
I have a custom PerlAuthenHandler that works fine when protecting
particular URLs but if I try to protect the document root it also
protects necessary URLs I use for login and logout.  Is there a way that
I can exclude particular URLs or allow them to pass thru?

Here is my SSO.conf file

-----CUT-----

#<IfModule mod_perl.c>
  PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
  <Location /SSO-login>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SSO::SSOAuthHandler->login
    AuthType SSO::SSOAuthHandler
    AuthName SSO
  </Location>

  <Location /SSO-logout>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SSO::SSOAuthHandler->logout
    AuthType SSO::SSOAuthHandler
    AuthName SSO
  </Location>

  # Below are URI locations to be protected
  # Protect /manual
  <Location /manual>
   PerlAuthenHandler SSO::SSOAuthHandler->authenticate
   AuthType SSO::SSOAuthHandler
   AuthName SSO
   require valid-user
 </Location>

  # Protect /
  <Location />
   PerlAuthenHandler SSO::SSOAuthHandler->authenticate
   AuthType SSO::SSOAuthHandler
   AuthName SSO
   require valid-user
 </Location>
#</IfModule>

Andy Hale

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use
of e-mail for such purpose.