perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mod_perl] Re: Other sites that use mod_perl
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:05:37 GMT
Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>>Good idea, Jonathan. I guess we should do this call every so
>>often. May be we
>>should post this on use.perl.org as I did some time before.
>

> I'm just not sure how we'd go about finding the information. Sure, we
> could use NetCraft (or similar) to test for mod_perl installations, but
> finding them is no guarantee that websites on the server are running
> with mod_perl. So, my question is, how do we do it? If anyone can answer
> this, then I would be more than happy to commit some time and effort to
> the search.

It's rather simple. Don't try to to figure out who uses what, but ask in
public about that input. A post to use.perl.org or another similar forum
should be bring a wave of inputs. Besides success stories and products we want
to ask for information about ISPs and companies that teach mod_perl, for which
we have dedicated pages, but too little information.

>>Where would you like to add this info? The success stories?
>>If you can post a
>>patch, that would be the easiest... Thanks Jonathan.
>

> "Success Stories" would be a great location. How do I submit a patch?
> Can you please provide an example of the required format?

Check out the modperl-docs cvs repository, then go to
src/outstanding/success_stories/, add a new .txt file, run ./make.pl and it'll
create the .pod file. Alternatively just post here what you want to be added,
look at other success stories to get an idea of what people write. Make sure
you provide the info requested at the bottom of this page:
http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html