perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon McCaughey" <simon...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Re: Other sites that use mod_perl
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:55:51 GMT
"Perrin Harkins" wrote:
> > Sorry to bring this up again, but I think there should be a section on
> > the mod_perl site listing Amazon.
>
> I'd certainly like to see it featured on perl.com, and it is featured on
> masonhq.com.  If you have an idea for how to do it on the mod_perl site
> without saying that Amazon uses mod_perl, go for it.  Send your diffs to
> the documentation discussion list.
> - Perrin

Yea, I've tried a couple of things, but I cant get the wording right - want
to say "Amazon uses perl" but without slating mod_perl. I really don't see
why we shouldn't come right out and say they use Mason with FastCGI. There
is nothing wrong with mentioning competitors - most technology books set out
a list of alternative solutions (with a slight slant on why you shouldn't
use them ;) ). Maybe there is a case for a section listing alternatives to
mod_perl??

any thoughts?

Regards

Simon