perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Docs Format
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:39:18 GMT
Jack Nerad wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>> For more info see: http://gisle.aas.no/perl/illguts/
>>
>> So for docs I think we should replace those with "string", "number", etc.

>>> Where does that version come from?
>>

>> we set it once automatically when we generate the first docs set and
>> from then maintain it manually.
>

> Okay.
>

>>> =head2 C<pool()>
>>>
>>> $val = $obj->pool($newval)
>>

>> please add two spaces in front of the code sections
>

> I guess it'd be easier if I had some perldoc that was already
> acceptable.  Is the current mp1 perldoc in acceptable shape?

the only tweaks we are going to do are semantic ones (i.e. messing with pod
tags), and that should be trivially to fix. The biggest challenge is to get a
sensible conversion of the C docs to Perl docs. So I won't worry about this
now. We will polish this later.

>>> =over 4
>>>
>>> =item Calling Object Type: Apache::RequestRec
>>>
>>> =item Return Value Type:  APR::Pool
>>>
>>> =item since: 1.99
>>

>> Have you looked at modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/api/AUTOGENERATION
>>
>> we need to update it a bit though, but it's good enough to get the idea.
>

> Yes, but I don't really understand it.  I'll have to study it a bit.

Feel free to ask questions and we will provide the answers. But really this is
just a template to use for creating the docs.

I suppose what's confusing is that Gerald has suggested the intermediate
format, which I suggest to simply drop and everything becomes simpler at once
(of course at the price of having less flexible sources)