perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Nerad <jne...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Autogeneration of docs
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:24:51 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:

>The point was to change the formatting in a way that you don't have to edit
>them by hand. You can do this by modifying the methods in
>ModPerl::PODTemplate (inside of mpbuilder). Take a look at the last mail
>Stas send to the docs-dev mailing list, for what he thinks should be
>changed. When the formatting is ok, then we should check that the docs are
>complete, i.e. xsbuilder builder isn't missing any important piece of code
>or doing the wrong thing at some point.

I have a suggestion/question for xsbuilder/ModPerl::PODTemplate.  The
system is quite clever and useful, and it works, apparently.  My
suggestion is to make the system use a templating module.  I'm familiar
with TemplateToolkit and HTML::Template, but those are probably
overkill.  Text::Template might do it.  Of course, this adds a
dependency that you might not want to deal with.  I offer it as a
suggestion/question only.

--
Jack