perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/docs/general/os/win32 faq.pod
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:51:28 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>randyk@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>randyk      2003/01/17 21:16:50
>>>
>>>  Modified:    src/docs/general/os/win32 faq.pod
>>>  Log:
>>>  added entry about upgrading CGI.pm under mod_perl 2.0.
>>

>>Randy, can you please move this item to
>>2.0/user/troubleshooting.pod? This problem is mod_perl
>>2.0-specific and not specific to win32. Thanks.
>>
>>Also it's probably a good idea to specify which is the minimal
>>CGI.pm version that they should be good with.
>

> Thanks Stas - I added that to the troubleshooting section. I
> thought it an idea though for the time being to also leave it
> mentioned in the Win32 section, as judging by some emails I get,
> some find it hard to believe problems they have aren't Win32
> specific ...

But that's why it has the link to the main troubleshooting section.

In fact I think the 'See also' section should read:

"If you haven't found a solution for your problem in this document please
check the main troubleshooting document, where non-win32 specific problems
and their solutions are listed."

In that case there is no reason to duplicate items, since it'll make the
reader check two documents.

I'd also add a link to 'See also' (which is at the bottom of doc) at the
beginning of the document, in the second para of the description.

Finally I suggest to drop the link to 1.0's troubleshooting doc, since
it's pretty much irrelevant and just will make the reader more confused
and lost.