perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: FAQ?
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 04:20:39 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> I was thinking - there's a number of questions, both on the list
> and private, that are starting to become FAQs, and it might be an
> idea to start a FAQ document. For those that are Win32-specific,
> I was thinking of having a faq.pod under docs/2.0/os/win32/ -
> would that be an appropriate place? Not all relate to mod_perl
> 2.0 particularly, but I guess eventually this will be the area
> most often used. Or would another, more general location, be
> better, with an os-specific section?

I believe 2/3 of the mod_perl 1.0 guide is really a FAQ. People were
asking questions, and the answers got into the guide. We don't want to
start a second document project duplicating the existing things. Think
of the /docs as of a merge of FAQ and manual and reference pages. Please
notice that docs/2.0/ is just at its beginning so the layout/set of
pages is incomplete and will evolve as there is new information to add.

So if you can be more specific of what kind of answers you want to add,
we will find a place for them or create a new documents to put in if
needed. I know that they are win32 specific, I'd like to know the topics.