perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mason book
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:25:19 GMT
Thomas Eibner wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:58:58AM +0200, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>
>>I've rewritten the templates to be more modular and keep a structure of
>>books that we have ads for, and change the order each day (the site is
>>rebuilt in its entirey each day, so that shouldn't be a problem).

But, it's not. It'd be a waste to rebuild it everyday. Currently it gets
rebuild every monday. See README.SITE:

# every monday rebuild all, including pdf
30 05  * * 1
/home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_force_pdf_inde
# update all (only changes/no pdf) every 6 hours
15 6,12,18 * * * /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_index
# update all (only changes and pdfs) once a day
15 0 * * * /home/perlwww/apache.org/modperl-docs/bin/site_build_pdf_index

> Right now
>>it's like it was before, because we're thursday (and for Date::Format,
>>thursday == 4 mod 4 == 0, so the first book before is the first book now).
>>But when you'll see this it might be friday already so you'll see the Mason
>>book :)
>

> Great. It's good to see all these books that are related to mod_perl!

In that case we should add several other books. My memory is still full
of mountain sites, so only the Slash book comes to mind. But there are
at least several more.

I suggest that we always list the strictly mod_perl books and rotate the
other mod_perl related books. So if they get randomly placed on
different pages and reshuffled once a week that should be fair.