perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: searching for $^T
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:42:58 GMT
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Any idea how to make our search work for things like "$^T", if I
> remember correctly that's not possible because the way it's indexed, right?

Hi Stas,

There's two ways to do that.  One would be to add "$" and "^" to swish-e's
WordCharacter list.  My guess is that would end up indexing too many
things we don't want indexed.

The second option is to use the BuzzWords feature and add the perl special
variables.  Buzzwords are accepted before words are split on
WordCharacters.

http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_Buzzwords

So if BuzzWords are used you will need to define Ignore[First|Last]Char
settings.  Probably something like

BuzzWords $^T
IgnoreFirstChar \"'
IgnoreLastChar .,;"'

Swish is case-insensitive, so that will get indexed as $^t.

The best thing is to setup a test document and run swish-e with -T
indexed_words trace option and see what swish decides are "words".

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org