perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Hollin" <netmas...@digital-word.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Mozilla WAS: RE: NS4.08
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:11:43 GMT
> >Oh yeah - after recently downloading Mozilla I heartily agree.
> Mozilla has
> >finally ended my four-year love affair with MS IE.  I think its rendering
> >engine is close to perfect, its standards compliance superb and its speed
> >promises nirvana.  AND, it's skinnable!  :-))
>
> I just wish it was faster opening....  I like Opera these days.  I find IE
> impossible to work with mostly due to the way it caches (and caches, and
> caches,... ).

Yes the first time you run it it's slow, but after that "Quick Launch" kicks
in and it's opening time decreases dramatically.

Re:  IE - I used to think IEs rendering engine was the best.  Since I've
started using Mozilla, and developing with Mozilla as my first browser, I
have come to realise just how far MSIE is from W3Cs standards and it's
amazed me.

As for the cache, I just disabled it completely in all IE installations.  I
have found my proxy's cache to be much more useable.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Coordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/