perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: Background-color
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:38:56 GMT
On 7/13/02 7:51 AM, "Stas Bekman" <stas@stason.org> claimed:

>> I suggest you try setting the background-color to "transparent", instead.
>> This works quite well for my site.
>
> Thanks David,
>
> does this work with older browsers? NS4 seems to be the best browser for
> discovering things that won't work in other older browsers :)

I only tested it with Netscape 4.7x browsers, and it seemed to be fine. Try
my home pate (in sig) with whatever browser you like to see. I've set the
background color for all of the links to be transparent:

:link { color:#8b1a1a; background-color:transparent; }
:active { color:#ee2c2c; background-color:transparent; }
:visited { color:#191970; background-color:transparent; }

Regards,

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e