perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Mirrors
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 09:32:07 GMT
At 11:15 02.07.2002, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>Hi!
>
>On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:17:37AM +0200, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> > Thomas has said he wanted to do one in Austria (that's the country,
> > right?).
>Yes, that's what's behind .at
>
>Rather small (~8 million people), between German and Italy,
>Switzerland and Hungaria, Czech & Slovak Republic...

:-) I know where Austria is, don't worry. Been there once, for skiing (Lech).

> > That makes it one for Europe. I'm sure we can get more, for
> > example I'm currently looking at sunsite.dk which seem to have hosted a
> > mirror for the XEmacs site and others (they have the apache.org website),
> > so that'd make for another one in Europe. Other continents might appear to
> > us in the future.
> >
> > If we have *total control*, is everyone ok with proceeding with this?
>
>I'm planning to write two scripts
<snip>
>What do you think?

Looks good. Although I think that we could construct the mirror list by
hand (or froma  datastructure), and just have notifications sent if the
mirrors aren't up-to-date: if they are supposed to be under our control,
it's probably more our task to make sure they work.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be