perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Mirrors
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:17:37 GMT
Well, it seems to me like mirrors are generally a good thing if:
- we (someone on the team or a trusted person) have total control
- it can be updated frequently enough
- we don't have too many: one per continent or something?

I think this can be done without too much effort.

We already have daedalus in the US. Randy can probably provide for a 2nd
North America mirror.

Thomas has said he wanted to do one in Austria (that's the country,
right?). That makes it one for Europe. I'm sure we can get more, for
example I'm currently looking at sunsite.dk which seem to have hosted a
mirror for the XEmacs site and others (they have the apache.org website),
so that'd make for another one in Europe. Other continents might appear to
us in the future.

If we have *total control*, is everyone ok with proceeding with this?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be