perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject specfiyng font-family or not
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:43:06 GMT
hi

i think it's a big decission to skip the font-families, so let's try
to sum up what we can think of and agree on, of plusses by doing
either thing. then we can easily pick the best solution

here's a starting point.

plusses for NOT specifying font-families
+ fonts almost guaranteed to be good and useable on all computers by default
+ fonts can be 100% customizied for a single user/browser

plusses for maintaining specifying the font-families
+ we can keep on using more than one font-family
+ we can keep on with a site that will have the same look & feel everywhere
+ user can still 100% override with his own settings or stylesheet

./allan