perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: Background-color
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:33:56 GMT
i agree with david we should do this for the span rules.

the problem with transparent is that netscape 4 in some
variations turns it into black (!).
i pretty sure it doesn't understand it, which is good in a
sense, because if it doesn't understand it, it won't render
it and therefore the background will be transparent. but if
we specfiy a border to 1px for instance, it realy does
understand that it should render some background-color and
if it then meet the value 'transparent' it will of course turn
it into ... black.

anyway, in the case of these span rules it's not a problem
and all our divs that are not specified with a border are
already transparent.

./allan

ps the original ISSUE about link-color is unsolvable and
also should not be solved because it's a specfic browser bug.