perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject changes button revisited
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 13:38:08 GMT
After the recent changes the changes button looks very misplaced. And we
were discussing this with Allan and need your input.

>>>how about using the bottom, (its not what you want i know)
>>>

>>it's not aligned properly then. it's center-aligned for the 100%
>>width,
>>and not the rightbox.
>>
>>which is what i thought we wanted ???
>

> but it looks bad relative to the [top] and [prev|next] because they
> stand out. see for yourself. it looks much better when it's exactly in
> the middle of the two buttons.
>
> yes agreed. lets rethink.
>
> personaly i dont think it should be a button at all
>
> could we put this button elsewhere?

yes, but where?

> could we make it a link instead of a button?

yes, but first need to decide where to put it.

> could we put it in the menu, hot short cuts?

nope, it must reside in the doc. The changes button doesn't appear on
all pages and we don't want the menu to jump.

in any case i see no place where it can fit in the menu, definitely not
in shortcuts. because the shortcuts include shortcuts. the real link is
needed as well.

I like it the way I did in first place when I've added this feature:

[           ] [top]            [changes]          [prev|up|next]

this seems to be the perfect fit.