perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Changes button showing up on all pages, not just indexes
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:52:40 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 06:43 02.07.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>
>>> Damn, I'm tired :)
>>> All right.
>>> http://perl.apache.org/release/maillist/docs-dev.html
>>> The Changes button is there. Click it, and the Changes button  is
>>> still there :) I'm not sure what the correct behaviour should be:
>>> only show it on index pages r on all pages except Changes?
>>

>> good catch, fixed now :)
>>
>> The logic I was following is that since we have a single Changes file
>> for the whole docset, all files in that docset will link to it. But of
>> course Changes shouldn't link to itself.
>>
>> docsets's attributes in templates is such a mess. Need to do a
>> thorough refactoring on day.
>

> refactoring... gotta love that word :) Anyway, yes, I agree. More
> decision should go to the templates so that the things is more dynamic
> and the code doesn't need change to add a small thing like that.

which is what happens now. The code just give you data structures, and
the templates manipulate them.

it's just that the datastructures are not very consistent. The thing
that bothers me most are the various attributes that stand for dirs and
paths. this is the biggest mess.

I suppose that once we release the site we can concentrate the efforts
on providing a clean and consistent data interface from the code to the
templates. and while doing that cleanup the attributes in the code
objects as well.

Should probably do that before releasing DocSet (or whatever it will be
called) on CPAN, so people won't need to redo their templates if we
change things.