perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject announcing the prerelease
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:05:30 GMT
Since it seems that most of the issues were resolved and some minor ones
can be resolved during the pre-release period, I think we can go ahead
and announce the RC1.

After we polish the announcement we can post it right away, let's say
tomorrow?

I don't think we really need a long announcement, just need to mention
that users shouldn't expect perfect things since we have tried hard to
have a good look-n-feel for the modern standard-complient browsers while
having a usable, and not necessarily pretty, look-n-feel in the older
browsers. That we have tested the site in wide variety of browsers on
Mac, Win and Unix platforms, but it's possible that there are browsers
out there that will have problems with our design, and we may or may not
be able to fix the problem. We also probably need to remind that
anything that we release is better than the current site.

Of course if anybody has client crashes on our site or a major font
disproportion issue, we should probably take this kind of problems
seriously.

Anybody is willing to write an announcement? Please also see some extra
notes I've started in the TODO file. Thanks!