perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/jobs jobs.html
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:18:24 GMT
allan juul wrote:
> Quoting Per Einar Ellefsen <>:
>>Shouldn't that be &amp;bin , or are old browsers missing that one?
> it should. make a search in dst_html and you'll find a lot of un-encoded stuff
> [at least last month i tried] but w3c seem to be ok with this

as long as & is not followed by something that makes it an entity it's
fine. But a new entity may be added any time. encoding is not perfect,
because of the old browsers as pointed out by Per Einar.

The proper solution is to use ; instead of & for args separating, which and Apache::Request support if I'm not mistaken. I've just tested
and this works with the url in question. I'll fix that one. Please check
other occurences that you find problematic.

BTW, this is documented at:

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: