perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: Breadcrumb
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:43:53 GMT
At 12:01 AM 07/02/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>> Oh yeah, if that's all you want, I agree with that.
>
>I disagree. I've replied to this suggestion already with the reasoning
>why this is how it is and not the other way around.

We understand your reasoning, it's the viewing public's reasoning that's
the issue.

I'm sorry I brought it up.  I'm at an advantage in some way as I've been
too busy to look at the site every day so when I do look at it I'm looking
at it as a newbie user.  So things like breadcrumbs that work differently
than I expect jump right out.

Today I looked at it and it makes sense with the title that follows, but
others will find it different from what they first expect as a breadcrumb,
but (since we have a smart user base) they will quickly adapt.  No doubt
that it makes sense to us the way it is.

If things always worked like they logically should then we would be using
betamax instead of VHS.  (I don't have a DVD player yet.)

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org