perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <>
Subject RE: Breadcrumb
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:09:57 GMT
At 02:17 PM 07/01/02 +0100, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>> The truncating idea could work. Though we need to think about the
>> details: do we truncate the last element? and what if the previous
>> element was too long? not simple, eh? if you know how, please go all the
>> way down rather just saying that this is wrong. we do know that this is
>> "wrong" but we don't know "better".
>Okay.  Truncating could be performed by a number of methods:

I was not suggesting that they be any longer, but that they just show the
current page as a NON-link that is now shown as a link when you go one more
level deep.

I assume that we will always have to truncate the level of the bread crumb
at some nested level.

So the difference is that

shows the same bread crumb as

but the first doesn't have mod_perl 1.0 User Guide as a link.

Basically, I was thinking the bread crumb should end with at least the
current major section, sometimes as a link, sometimes not if deeper within
that section.

Adding "Getting Your Feet Wet" as a non-link on getwet.html would make it
complete, but not what I was thinking, and then that would be quite wide.

I agree we should be "standard", but I also think users of the mod_perl
site can figure out the bread crumb.

Bill Moseley

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: