perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject [DocSet] Linking to docs::1.0::os::index doesn't work
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:36:46 GMT
Ok, here's the deal:

download/binaries.pod links to docs::1.0::os::index. However, that link
turns up as broken.

I have tracked the problem down the the creation of %src_docs. If you look
at the dump, you'll see that docs/1.0/os/win32/index.html is in there, but
docs/1.0/os/index.html isn't. This is  a bug, because win32/ isn't a
docset, but os/ is.

It seems like the problem lies here: (DocSet::RunTime, line 110):
             map { m{(.*?/?)[^/]+$}          # add autogenerated index.html
                   ? ("$1index.html" => 1, $_ => 1)
                   : ($_ => 1);              # shouldn't happen, but just
in case
             }
 From this, the problem is that it just takes the longest path and appends
index.html, without checking if it's a DocSet or not... I'm not sure how to
fix this, as I suppose it would require checking up with the other DocSet
classes to see the status of that directory...

I can fix this quickly by making win32 a docset and linking to that (which
I will probably do anyway); however, that isn't a long-term solution.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be