perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: releasing DocSet on CPAN
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:14:55 GMT
At 19:10 13.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>I'm thinking to release DocSet on CPAN when the site gets released. I'm
>postponing that because I want to use the final version of the site as the
>test suite for the module :)
>
>But the real reason, is that it needs a more quialifying name. Since the
>DocSet:: namespace is too broad. I'm thinking to move it into App::DocSet
>I don't think any suitable namespace for it on CPAN.
>
>Those who are familiar with DocSet, do you have any better ideas? Thanks!

Yes, it's a difficult point. I guess DocSet could be introduced into the
Pod:: or HTML:: categories without anyone complaining, although it looks
strange because we can extend DocSet. App:: seems a little too generic
though. I guess we could pass with "DocSet" as there are already many
modules like that that don't fit into a particular category. But I agree,
let's follow the guidelines. So Pod:: would be my pick for lack of a better
name.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be