perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Building high load mod_perl/Mason servers
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 19:10:52 GMT
At 18:01 09.06.2002, Eric Frazier wrote:
>At 08:46 PM 6/9/02 +0200, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> >Hi Eric,
> >
> >At 17:21 09.06.2002, Eric Frazier wrote:
> >>Perrin just showed me this great document
> >>
> >>http://perl.apache.org/release/docs/tutorials/apps/scale_etoys/etoys.html
> >>
> >>But I am having problems printing it in any way. From Netscape 6.1 I can
> >>only print the first page. Trying to print the PDF leads to the first 4
> >>pages then quits on an error that seems to be in the last page or two.
> >
> >Well, as Perrin said, the page is auto-generated, so it'll be hard to find
> >the bug. I'm trying to print it now (the PDF), and don't seem to be getting
> >any errors. What program/version are you using to view the PDF?
>
>Sorry, I should be shot for not including that info, I know better. Adobe
>Acrobat 5.0 on Win98
>I guess it might be worth trying to do it with an up to date reader. When I
>load the doc I get the bad char boxes in front of the table of content list
>items. I tried printing with Netscape 6.2-- latest, and just got the first
>page out. I am sure it is something in the style sheet, but what? :)

For Acrobat Reader: Using 5.0 on WinXP I get no problems in the TOC, but I
had seen these problems earlier on some other box. Annoying. Furthermore, I
have the same problems as you for printing. It prints one page then stops.
I had been trying with Acrobat 4, which printed without problem.

About Netscape: We haven't tested with that, stupid us :( Recent Mozilla
versiosn haven't had any trouble with the layout, but we haven't really
tested printing.

> >>This doc could make my life so much better with my boss, it is perfect
> >>beautiful, but if I tell him you can only view it on the screen he will be
> >>suspect about the source of the information.
> >
> >Yes, I love it too :) But.. hmm you could point your boss to the perl.com
> >version http://perl.com/pub/a/2001/10/17/etoys.html and use the "Print this
> >page" feature there.
> >

>He loves pretty picutures so I am trying to get those as well. Something
>must be going on with perl.com at the moment, the site seems really slow,
>and I just got a 500 on the print this link. Maybe a database timeout?
>Anyway, I guess I will take a break and come back later.

Same problems with perl.com here.

About the pictures: they arne't in the PDF anyway, it's only in the online
version (atleast that's how it appears here). Sorry about that.

Yes, but what about the rest of the http://perl.apache.org/release/ site?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be