perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Link to us
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:46:18 GMT
At 04:07 06.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

>>>True. But you lost the cogs in the bigger one. At least I don't see them.
>>
>>:-) They are both 88x31. However, I removed the cogs in the second one to
>>make the "modperl" text bigger! Should I maybe make a button that is
>>bigger but includes both cogs and text?
>
>My point was that we aren't really allowed to change the logo. And
>removing half of it, is definitely changing the logo.

Hmm. It's hardly chaning it in a bad way. I know, you ca give me many
counter-examples, but the logo still stays the same here. We just remove
the part which isn't necessarily useful for the button.

Anyway, should I go ahead with a bigger version? (the others are bigger)

>>I'm still working on this. The HTML is pretty generic (only filename,
>>width and height changes -- and width and height aren't really needed
>>either), so that can go below the table. I'll probably go with the table,
>>but with thumbnails for the graphics, linked to the bigger one.
>
>I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since the user won't have a complete
>feeling on how it's going to look when selecting which banner to use. It
>helps to see them all together on one page using real size. May be
>separating buttons and banners on different pages?

Hmm, separating buttons won't help. The problem with having them real-size
is that there is a lot of additional information to include (alternative
versions, and description) which won't fit in then.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be