perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: two small patches
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:45:58 GMT
At 21:39 04.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>At 21:00 04.06.2002, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>>>- src/products/apache-modlist.html
>>>remove link to perl.apache.org and the More Info section.
>>
>>Stas, I guess you're the maintainer of these?
>
>No, Doug is an official maintainer of this page. You should ask him about
>it. This page is not only for our site, this is supposed be a part of CPAN
>I believe.

Well, the problem is that it's not that much maintained right now. This
isn't to accuse Doug or anything, its just that maybe we should take over
maintainership? Given that it's going out of the dist and all. I know it's
part of CPAN; maybe we should be able to get it there too? Just a suggestion.

Still, you'll have to commit the contribute one :)

>>>And what should happen to old refernces to "the guide"? Should they link to
>>>perl.apache.org, or to /docs ? Or deleted completly?
>>
>>Probably point them to the 1.0 guide. Depends on the context really. If
>>it's more a general notion of the documentation as a whole, it should
>>link to that, otherwise if it's 1.0 specific, and really referring to the
>>User's guide, refer to that. IMO.
>
>it doesn't matter, point to the /docs for general docs, to /docs/1.0/ for
>1.0 specific and to /docs/2.0/ for 2.0 specific, etc.
>And change the references to the guide as you find fit.

docs/1.0/ or docs/2.0/ won't work as it's not a docset.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be