perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [DocSet] with different groups, chapter w/o group fails
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 02:21:12 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written the Conventions document (quick draft atleast), and I was
> thinking to add it without any group, because it's independent of the
> other documentation. Excerpt from config.cfg:
>
>     chapters => [qw(
>         conventions.pod
>     )],
>
>     group => 'mod_perl 1.0 Documentation',
>
> However, when building, this puts conventions.pod together with the 1.0
> group. This is clearly not what I wanted.

That's by design, this is not an implementation bug.

> I don't have the mativation to begin looking now, but if you could tell
> me where to look, I would...

Config.pm, where the parsing of config files happens.

But, I don't think this is ok to mix grouped and non-grouped items. This
doesn't seem like a good idea to me. If you put an item without a parent
group, and the rest children are grouped, I'd feel that the parent is
missing.

> I'm beginning to get DocSet now :)

Great!

> Btw, should I begin posting DocSet specific things on the
> template-docset group instead?

I think yes.