perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Avoiding the left-border problem
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:46:18 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was annoyed by the left border on pre sections being cut when it gets
> too long. So I changed the code and stylesheet to wrap it all inside a
> even removes the annoying white space between the pre sections, except
> on Opera.
>
> Preview here:
> http://users.skynet.be/pereinar/mod-perl/outstanding/success_stories/etoys.com.html
>
> (before, the border would break just after
> capacity planning for Christmas 2000 was for three times the traffic
> ), and that's where I get a newline now on Opera.

+1 on the code patch, though the stylesheet needs to be tested on other
browsers.

it looks good on mozilla-1.0, NS4 and konqueror on linux.

> Here's the patch, please tell me what you think before I commit:

but don't commmit it, since the DocSet code in cvs is a sync of the
original, so I'll have to commit it there first and later will sync the
two (after we know that the stylesheet is OK).

Thanks!