perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Link to us
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 02:07:37 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 18:19 04.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> > Well, it is 88x31, like you asked. It's too long, that's why it looks
>> > small when compressed to 88 pixels. That's also why I created the other
>> > one, which makes the modperl text bigger.
>>
>> True. But you lost the cogs in the bigger one. At least I don't see them.
>

> :-) They are both 88x31. However, I removed the cogs in the second one
> to make the "modperl" text bigger! Should I maybe make a button that is
> bigger but includes both cogs and text?

My point was that we aren't really allowed to change the logo. And
removing half of it, is definitely changing the logo.

>> > Well... Yes I agree that it might be good, but it'll *clearly* be too
>> > wide. Maybe if I make the banners and logo smaller, so that it all fits
>> > somewhat?
>>
>> How about:
>>
>>   logo | description
>>   ------------------
>>      H T M L
>>
>> but still preserving the layout with HTML tables. so each entry takes
>> 2 rows.
>

> I'm still working on this. The HTML is pretty generic (only filename,
> width and height changes -- and width and height aren't really needed
> either), so that can go below the table. I'll probably go with the
> table, but with thumbnails for the graphics, linked to the bigger one.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since the user won't have a complete
feeling on how it's going to look when selecting which banner to use. It
helps to see them all together on one page using real size. May be
separating buttons and banners on different pages?