perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: Summarizing the prompt issue
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:47:12 GMT
At 02:34 AM 06/16/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>1. people don't read convention pages.

Yep I always skip those sections in books.

>2. if you happen to have a single line
>
>  # make install
>
>some will think of it as a comment. And that's the only reason why I
>suggest some prefix. Otherwise % and # are perfect with me.

I guess no matter how hard you try someone will get confused.  Then if not
user% then % and root#.  That seems rather explicit.  I just think if you
are going to use letters that they should mean something to the person
reading it, and not be just place holders.

I suspect you, Stas, have probably the most experience regarding this with
questions you have received due to the guide.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org