perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From mike demers <m...@inteo.com>
Subject Re: the margin of the mod_perl logos set
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:54:27 GMT
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 09:22, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for sending us the whole set of images based on the new logo!

no problem. in fact, i should apologize for taking so long to make them.

> Have you produced them (semi-)automatically? I'm contacting you because
> I'm concerned with the images in the set being overcropped, so they
> cannot be used as is and need to add some margin. But doing that manualy
> to 25 images is a big pain. So if you have this automated, can you
> please add a little margin to the original and redo the set?

is it the button images that you think need more margin?  i actually
cropped those down intentionally after looking at how some of the
more popular buttons were done (ie, blogger, paypal, etc).  all of
them were cropped right to the border of the button so that's what i
did.  however, i can easily generate new images with a margin if you
think they'll work better.  i'll just need to know what type of margin
you're looking for (width, color or transparent, etc.).

> Otherwise we probably need to use ImageMagic to do the work.
>
> Sorry for troubling you.

no trouble at all.

::md

Mike Demers                                          130 Middle Street
CTO, Inteo                                          Portland, ME 04101
http://www.inteo.com                                      207 553.2260