perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: content layout freeze
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 08:31:29 GMT
At 10:23 19.05.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>We shouldn't carry away with newbies. After all the online docs are mainly
>for those who need to use the docs on the daily basis. If we push too much
>newbies stuff that stands on the way of those who need the real docs, that
>would be bad. Making a better and fatter /start is fine.

Yes, that's completely agreed. While maybe not a fatter /start (which is
after all more a place to show off mod_perl's conciseness than try to each
something), beginners like tutorials that take you through mod_perl one
step at a time, a little like what you post regularly to other sites
(although I know, you just arrange the guide slightly, but it's still more
inviting).

Which brings me to another point: we badly need Take23 or another site like
it. I am pretty anoyed right now because I feel that such a site would have
so much potential for the mod_perl community. I tried contacting Matt about
it, but after an "Ack. I'll set up a plan" reply, I haven't heard anything
from him for one month or more. I understand he's busy, so I don't want to
disturb him, but right now Take23 does more harm than good. What do you
people think? There are so many potential tutorials/articles to be written
on mod_perl, which don't fit into the mod_perl site.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be