perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: New Structure
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 14:15:13 GMT
At 14:48 10.05.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
>>Another issue is that there is documentation
>>included in the mod_perl distribution (most of which was located in the now
>>removed FAQ section). I'm not sure if we should include this on the site or
>>not, and if we do, where.
>
>of course not, it was completely included in the faqs section, now we are
>in the process of removing it. Eventually the src/docs/1.0 will be checked
>out into mod_perl-1.x, similar to what we have now in 2.0. Oh and both
>versions will checkout docs/general

Just one problem in that these FAQs usually presented a small subject in a
pretty useful way, and are commonly referred to. With the .htaccess file I
changed all the links, but that won't work anymore as we have removed them.
Furthermore, if these FAQs aren't in our docs anymore, they should be
removed from the dts too, as I don't like the fact of having a separation
between dist-docs and docs.

>Say, should I s|general|common| ?
>
>Anyway, the guide and all the standalone faqs have lived their lives well
>and now it's time to put them to rest. The new unified documentation
>structure comes to replace them all.
>
>I guess it's fine if we continue to refer to the whole documentation as a
>Guide. In fact I like the idea, since it helps to have a nice name for the
>docs.
>
>The king is dead, welcome the new king.
>
>what do you think? we could even rename s|src/docs|src/guide|

No :) docs is good. It's what it's *usually* named :)

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be