perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: font-sizes
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:01:35 GMT
At 19:42 01.05.2002, allan wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> > Tell MS :) This is how I feel too, but internal links (ie to #something),
> > still point to the same file, so by MS's book these are already visited.
> > There's not much we can do about it I'm afraid, unless we make all visited
> > links blue, in which case they won't look visited when they are.
>

>hmm, ok which windows/browser are you using?
>i remeber IE6/beta on NT to do pretty strange things.
>[i tried on win98 IE 5.0]

IE6/WinXP.

>first i thought it had to do with the list-style because i
>noticed that on the new cool sitemap things worked as they
>should, i.e. visited links lookd visited, but then they of
>course don't link internal. so you are probablty right - i
>simply cannot believe that #something on a page looks
>visited for #otherthing on the same page.
>
><stabbing in the dark>
>hmm, can it have to do with spaces in anchor-names [like: <a
>href="#name end_of name">]?
>can you try somewhere where there are no spaces at all?
></stabbing in the dark>

Nope, I don't even think we even have spaces, only underscores in the
anchor names. Anyway, the one below fails too, and it doesn't have spaces.

>otherwise, i say let's not support that browserware :)

This shows that it's IE's fault:

http://users.skynet.be/pereinar/mod-perl/test-ie.html

No styles, no nothing. Only anchors.

On the first run, with the history cleared, the anchors actually show up in
blue. However, when I reload the page (and thus it finds that page in its
history) they turn visited. So it's IE's fault.

But really, let's stop worrying about that, it's so small that it doesn't
matter. IE users will be accustomed to this as the default, so there's no
reason to circumvent it.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be