perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New design revision from Allan
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 18:28:42 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> But, we need more white space between the top nav widget and the title
> text.  If the title is long or the screen is narrow the title it cramped
> between the widgets.
>
> Personally (and because I designed it ;) I like the current /release header
> design better.  More white space and thicker line define the title really
> well.  And the symmetry (of design) of the [prev][up][next] and the [pdf]
> around the title bugs me a bit.  By having them the same design (the box)
> ties them together, which is probably the design idea, but that also seems
> to turn the title into a single block.  I think the title should stand more
> on its own.
>
> Have I mentioned that I like white space? ;)

Bill, what Allan is trying to figure out is the design that will work as
good as possible everywhere. I agree with you that it's nicer to have
more space, also it's better to have a wider title underline, but these
are all details that can be handled easily afterwards

So let's not mix up Allan's efforts to get the components layout right.
Am I right, Allan? It shouldn't be a problem to add more space or change
icons later.

As you can see from my report, not everything is ok yet, but the top
part is almost perfect.