perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New design revision from Allan
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 18:04:34 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Allan is on move, so he has asked me to upload his new preview. This
> time only a single page. Please help and have a look at this url:
> http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan-test/1.html
>
> Allan needs to know only these things:

I've verified konqueror, NS4, mozilla and opera 6 on linux. Overall
looks fine. I'll comment only on problems in reply to your questions.

> 1) does the page renders overall ok (ie, there should not be any obvious
> errors) ?

yes

> 2) do you have a horizontal scrollbar ?

No

> 3) does these at the top of the page right-align almost perfectly?
>              camel-image
>      prev|up|next widget
>               title-line
>               pdf-widget

konqueror: the title-line is too wide. See snapshot2.png.

> 3b) is the right-margin at the top almost the same at the bottom widget?
>      prev|up|next widget

konqueror: the bottom navbar is messed up. See snapshot1.png.
opera6: a similar problems: See snapshot3.png.

> 4) the "camel-line", does it float correctly with the curve next to the
> logo? (is it obviously floating in-correctly)
>  - (the reason i ask this question is because i experienced this on a
> laptop win2000/IE5 where the camel-line instead of beeing 1px high in
> fact was 2px high. i only see one way to solve that problem for that
> particular set-up and that is by using a good old space-gif which would
> be such a pity because we dont use them anywhere right now [at least not
> on allan-May14. this i thought could have been solved by setting
> display: none for the rule .smallbr, but then netscape don't display
> anything at all [which i actually consider correct not to do :)].
>
> The bottomline of this is: should we use a space.gif to fix it or should
> we ignore the fact that a certain computer/browser set-up render it
> incorrectly)

looks perfect in all 4 browsers that I've tested.

> 6) pleae note if strange colours appear strange places - i have added
> various colours in the stylesheet to be able to validate it 100%

looks fine.

> 7) please check the search box at the left - does it look ok with no
> extra white space?

looks perfect.

Great work, Allan!