perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Allan's May14 new revision
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 03:09:51 GMT
Allan has worked hard to making this new revision:
http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan-May14/dst_html/

Please comment how does it look for you

changes:

* reshuffled top-html.
the whole top [from logo to download widget] is now one
whole entity.
- this is because we want the top nav-widget to stay fixed
even if a pre-section should increase the content-size to
the right. this ws mostly a problem in ns4.
- as a side-effect the spanning problems in konqueror wrt
the camel should now be solved.
- also the html is slightly better performance-wise i reckon
[though more complicated code-wise] as there's no nested
html-tables now.
- also as a side-effect things [notably body specifications]
have been re-shuffled in the stylesheet - have a look :)

* the search box should contain no extra white space in any browser.

* pre-sections are now de-tableized from before; instead we
use a css-trick to create the left vertical bar.
- we save some bytes and its more in line with what we are
doing with css on this site and it looks better in ns4 IMO
- the vertical bar is the same color as the qoutation at the frontpage

* menu
- i just reversed the colours a bit. this is my personal
favourite combination, but i can easily live with the
combination in the current cvs preview