perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New Structure
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 12:48:36 GMT
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Some general things I forgot to mention (this where my guidlines for what I
> move where..)
> - My idea behind all this rearranging was to remove as much redundant
> information as possible.
> - The mod_perl guide (a.k.a "The Guide") is replaced by perl.apache.org
> - Version-specifc stuff goes into the appropiate Documentation-section
> - By breaking the big and tightly structred guide up and adding new sections
> (e.g. Tutorial) it will be easier in the future to add new documents written
> by other people.
>
> Please note that there are still a lot of references to "The Guide" and the
> old structure in the docs.

"The Guide" is R.I.P., that's why I suggested to
s|docs/1.0/guide|docs/1.0/user| parallel with 2.0 docs. And gradually
clean up the docs not to refer to the guide.

> Another issue is that there is documentation
> included in the mod_perl distribution (most of which was located in the now
> removed FAQ section). I'm not sure if we should include this on the site or
> not, and if we do, where.

of course not, it was completely included in the faqs section, now we
are in the process of removing it. Eventually the src/docs/1.0 will be
checked out into mod_perl-1.x, similar to what we have now in 2.0. Oh
and both versions will checkout docs/general

Say, should I s|general|common| ?

Anyway, the guide and all the standalone faqs have lived their lives
well and now it's time to put them to rest. The new unified
documentation structure comes to replace them all.

I guess it's fine if we continue to refer to the whole documentation as
a Guide. In fact I like the idea, since it helps to have a nice name for
the docs.

The king is dead, welcome the new king.

what do you think? we could even rename s|src/docs|src/guide|