perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: revision of allan-site ...may9
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 05:17:29 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Great stuff, Allan! Hopefully we will be done soon :)

oh yeah!

> >> * the search-box is now very compact and looks correct in
> >> the browsers i have acces to.
> >>  - there should be no horizontal white-space apart from the
> >> 1px padding from the table
> >>   (please check how i fixed that with a font style trick
> >> [i'm almost proud of it])
> >

> > +1. Still a lot of whitespace *around* it in IE6, but that's not a problem.
>
> in konqueror it's a bit messed up (no center alignment). see the snapshot.

that's hard to understand - can you try and specify one of these:

div.search-box {
	width: 140px; / *or something like that /
	margin: auto; /* might not be need */
}

or in the html:
<form method="GET" action="../search/swish.cgi"
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" name="site_search_form">
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(or another width)

> > Can't we just make it "Shortcuts"? They don't need to be "Hot" :)
>
> Sure :)
>
> A few more things that I've noticed:
>
> konqueror: Lincoln Stein looks too big, see the snapshot.

argh:
please try this:
div.quote-details {
    font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif;

> NS4: the navigation prev|next is shifting off the page. see the
> snapshot. This doesn't happen with the current cvs.

yes thats the width: 100% for the logobox (whcih fixed konqueror)

./allan